Cranswick is one of the largest food producers in Britain. Authenticity, craftsmanship and great taste, delivered through the highest possible ethical, sustainability and welfare standards are the values at the core of our innovative business. These values are delivered by our most important asset – our team of experts working strategically throughout the business. By joining the Cranswick team you will become a part of a progressive business which is dedicated to developing and nurturing your talent through tailored learning and development opportunities. For a business with no limits, where your career and personal development opportunities have no boundaries, dream big and apply today.
An opportunity has arisen for a QA Technician to join the Technical team. Duties will include monitoring quality system compliance and effectiveness through planned audits and independent process control checks to ensure that our products comply with food safety legislation, meet the technical and quality specification and are manufactured at best cost.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Immediately reports any system failures to the relevant department so that corrective action can be taken promptly
- Understands the implications of food safety failures and reports these to the Quality Manager or Technical Manger.
- Supervises corrective action to ensure that unsafe and/or sub-standard product is not dispatched to our customers.
- Aids staff training in food safety, hygiene and quality and raises the level of awareness of these issues throughout the site.
- Identifies possible changes to the quality system to improve product quality.
- Liaises with product development during production trials and launches.
- Following up all non-conformance issues arising from paperwork, with production personnel or via other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Checking of all production paperwork relating to intake, manufacture, curing, processing, cooking, cooling, storage, slicing, packing and despatch.
- To ensure that Procedure challenges are done on a weekly basis
- To Ensure all audits are carried out to schedule and up to date
- To complete the Fabrication Audit on the monthly basis
- Recording and verification of Critical processing details and reconciliation of processing and traceability records
- Feeding back specific critical issues raised from paperwork checking to appropriate technical or production personnel as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Assisting the technical department in other Quality Assurance issues as necessary.
Requirements, experience and person specification (bullet points)
- Qualification in food related subject
- Understanding of Microbiology / Chemistry
- Proven experience in a specification role, ideally in a high risk chilled production environment.
- Understanding of HACCP
- Extensive knowledge of Food legislation, safety and quality.
- Self-motivated and responsible for time management.
- A users knowledge of standard software systems.
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your application to:
Vikki Daniel, HR Generalist (Vikki.email@example.com)
Closing date: 30th June 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward