Production shift manager
Cranswick Gourmet Kitchen is our NEW state of the art production facility in Hull – Producing and Cooking delicious ready to eat products for McDonalds, M&S, Costa and many more.
The business is celebrating its 1st anniversary and is enjoying high growth. We have a food safety and quality culture and are now looking for an outstanding Shift Manager to join in the Success.
With a Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes; familiarity with Health & Safety and Food Safety Legislation, excellent leadership skills and ability to remain calm under pressure.
You need to be hands-on, motivated and driven. Your remit is to support your peers on the journey to drive performance and improve production to achieve and surpass targets.
- Deliver the daily production plan on time and in full, ensuring high quality standards are implemented & maintained
- Effective management of all resources onsite to achieve operational KPIs
- Continuous Improvement of operations
- Proactive management and mentoring to develop the team
- Safeguard the health, safety and welfare of the team
- Ensure we’re compliant with the standards of the world’s most demanding food companies
- Succession planning and talent development
- Key Stakeholder in implementing and driving the Food Safety Quality Culture
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven production leadership experience within a food or FMCG background
- Extensive knowledge & understanding of manufacturing processes and ability to apply in live situations the principles and tools of lean manufacturing
- Thorough understanding of the people processes needed to build high performing teams
- Level 3 HACCP or above is essential to control and manage our HACCP systems and all CCP's
- Strong organisational, planning and time management abilities
- Experience of driving change & implementing efficiency improvements
- Results focused and be able to work to KPIs
- Must be able to make key decisions and calm under pressure
- Flexible to meet business needs, but based around office hours
- Team player who can challenge peers, communicate effectively at all levels, work collaboratively to create an inclusive workplace and build and develop a team to achieve results
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage. If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21st May 2022
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward.