Hygiene Team leader (nights)
The goal of our new food manufacturing site (Cranswick Gourmet Kitchen) is to produce quality cooked food for market leading customers. As a team, we aim to create a culture where everything we do is to the highest possible standard and we are looking for like-minded individuals to be a part of this.
The purpose of the role is to monitor and review the activities within the team, to ensure all sanitisation processes are completed and that the site is maintained to an audit ready standard at all times. You will assist in the supervision of the team and partake in the full cleaning of the site, ensuring the correct use of chemicals and cleaning products.
The main duties of the role include (but not limited to):
- Direct and monitor the teams delivery of the day to day hygiene activities, in line with the master schedule to ensure operational integrity
- Ensure the team have the correct number of resources with the appropriate skills, deploying a recruitment and training plan and adopting appropriate people practices, enabling them to deliver the master cleaning schedule
- Create and present a clear resourcing plan, including people and materials, for cleaning, sanitisation, environment and technical, and adapt this in light of emerging circumstances to minimise food risk
- Review equipment and highlight damages and risks, escalating where required
- Communicate and validate the teams amendments to SOP’s to ensure change is effectively implemented and improvements are made
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- Previous experience in FMCG or similar Hygiene role
- Food Hygiene NVQ Level 2 / certification of sanitisation or equivalent
- Basic Health & Safety NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Chemical Handling (as per local site requirement)
- Allergen awareness
- Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce
A full job description is available upon request.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Closing date: 21st July 2022
Please note, that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.