Health & Safety Coordinator
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the role holder will support their manager with the day to day Health, Safety and Environmental function of the site. Providing support on Health & Safety and Environmental issues, proactively improving the site’s Health, Safety & Environmental systems and processes.
Main duties include:
- Supporting the HS&E Manager in carrying out Health, Safety & Environmental assessments in line with legislation and updated and reviewed when necessary.
- Be the first point of contact for all Health, Safety & Environmental issues.
- Management and maintenance of the site Health, Safety & Environmental management systems ISO 14001,18001 & 50001 (Health, Safety & Environmental Management System).
- Proactively support the Health & Safety Management system for the site, driving new Health & Safety initiatives that will maintain and improve the sites Health & Safety function.
- Proactively support the Environmental Management system for the site, driving new Environmental initiatives that will maintain and improve the sites Environmental function.
- Assist in the reviewing of risk assessments after accidents/incidents.
- Assist in maintaining the site Behaviour Safety Programme.
- Liaise with the Site HS&E Manager in respect of updates and changes in the HS&E policies and procedures.
- Conduct a full and thorough investigation of Environmental issues that occur on site, or are reported to site.
- Ensure all Health, Safety & Environmental issues/reports/complaints are reported/recorded correctly and accurately.
- Assist in carrying out internal H&S and Environment audits and inspections.
- Proactively promote awareness of Health, Safety & Environmental issues throughout the site.
- Support the Site HS&E Manager with internal monthly H&S and Environment meetings.
- Support the Training Administrator to ensure the training matrix is updated on a regular basis and records correspond accordingly.
- Support the implementation of the Company’s Quality, H&S and Environmental and Ethical policies.
- Actively promote best practice health & wellbeing within the site
- Be the point of contact and deal with Regulatory bodies for Health, Safety & Environmental issues.
- Research training providers, ensuring cost effective options are sought and schedule training as required, once approved by HR Manager.
- Deliver in-house training and inductions ensuring all relevant areas of H&S are conveyed via an appropriate medium i.e. language, handbooks, presentation etc.
- Be ‘on call’ in conjunction with the HSE Manager
- Ad hoc duties as required in line with your capabilities and range of skills
- Maintain the Health, Safety and welfare of yourself and other employees in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, as well as adhering to Control of Substances Hazard to Health (COSHH) regulations
- Involvement in the risk assessment process, to reduce the risk to health & safety within your working area
- Respect and honor the sentiment of the Cranswick plc ethical policies and codes of conduct when interacting with your colleagues at all times
- NEBOSH General Certificate or working towards
- Familiar with Health, Safety & Environmental Management System accredited to ISO 14001/18001
- Food Industry experience is desirable but not essential
- You must be a Team player with a ‘can do’ attitute
- Flexible with working hours and duties
- Full UK driving license
- Ideally a background in FMCG
- Lead with behavioural Health & Safety with a view to promote and encourage best practice and cultural changes
A full job description is available upon request.
Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: Ian Stafford <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: 30th April 2019