Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager
(Sherburn in Elmet, Leeds)
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Health and Safety Manager.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Carry out workplace H&S Assessments ensuring that they are carried out in line with legislation and updated and reviewed when necessary.
- Manage the records relating to the above assessments ensuring that they are complete and up to date at all times.
- Organise and assist in the reviewing of H&S risk assessments after accidents/incidents.
- Deliver in-house training, ensuring all relevant areas of H&S are conveyed via an appropriate medium i.e. language, handbooks, presentation etc.
- Manage H&S policies and procedures.
- Assist in conducting full and thorough investigation of accidents that occur on site.
- Ensure all injuries, accidents, near misses and environmental incidents are recorded correctly and in their entirety in the appropriate books and documentation.
- Assist in carrying out internal H&S audits and inspections.
- Proactively promote awareness of H&S issues throughout the site.
- Liaise with Departmental & Section Managers and Team and Line leaders, Managers and Human Resources regarding new starters.
- Set and maintain matrices for all areas of the factory where required
- Implement the Company’s Health Safety policies.
- Mentor and coach people in H&S awareness & activities
- Proactively work closely with the HSE and PHE with regards to and current or future pandemics.
Requirements, experience and person specification
• Health and Safety qualification
• Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
• Communication skills – for confident and professional liaison with internal and external customers.
• Self-motivated and responsible for time management.
Standards of performance are attained in the above when:-
- Thinks, speaks and acts positively and with enthusiasm at all times.
- Presents a professional company image through personal conduct and appearance at all times.
- To be able to communicate effectively with all colleagues to promote inter departmental teamwork and work at exceeding customer and company expectations in all areas.
- Takes a positive stance towards problem solving.
- Seeks and acts upon feedback.
Management of self and others: -
Standards of performance are attained in the above when: -
- Manages own time effectively and delivers results on schedule
- Assumes responsibility for designated tasks and specific projects
- Identifies own objectives and training needs for discussion with manager
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in written form on daily issues.
- Listens actively and questions actions both within and outside quality function.
Achieves the cooperation and commitments of subordinates and peers to courses of action and desired results.
Hours of work- Monday- Friday 8am- 5pm (however flexibility around core working hours is essential)
Rates of pay to be discussed at interview stage.
A full Job description is available upon request.
Interested candidates, please apply by emailing your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or sending your cv and cover letter to the HR department, Cranswick Gourmet Bacon, 1 seafox court, Sherburn- In-Elmett, LS25 6PL
Closing date: Friday 5th November 2021
Please be aware that the closing date can be brought forward if a suitable candidate is sourced.