Cold Store Operative/FLT Driver
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Cold Store Operative/FLT to join the Cold Store site.
The purpose of this role is to carry out tasks as requested to effectively and efficiently ensure products are received, blast frozen, stored in correct locations and despatched in line with company safe systems of work and operating procedures. To provide flexibility as necessary to cover all shift requirements.
Shift pattern: Various Shifts (4 on 4 off Days & 4 on 4 off Nights)
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Attend Cockpit meetings as requested and assist in any investigations as necessary
- Ensure that each vehicle is tipped or loaded as requested and any anomalies are reported immediately to Supervisor/Charge Hand
- Ensure that any movements of pallets are scanned and recorded accurately on the Cold Store Warehouse Management System
- Ensure that all procedures are followed including taking and recording temperatures, reporting any anomalies immediately
- Ensure that pallets are located in the correct areas as per site procedures
- If using MHE, always drive to conditions and remove any debris or waste that could be a hazard and be aware of colleagues and/or visitors that could be in your area
- Assist in stock takes as requested
- Carry out checks as necessary to ensure accuracy and integrity of product on pallets
- Wears the appropriate PPE at all times when in the cold store area. PPE is not permitted in the designated smoking area.
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments to ensure the throughput of all products in a timely and efficient manner
- Contribute to KPIs in quality, health, safety and environment, yields and customer service
- Highlight areas of improvement
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- Hold reach and counterbalance truck licence with at least 3 years experience (required)
- Hold PEDOP licence (required)
- Signed off to all site safe systems of work and operating procedures
- Correct use of scanners, temperature probes and fobs
- Receipt, locate, pick & despatch product in accordance with the training you have been provided
- Use of Pallet Inverter & shrink wrapper
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Understand the importance of product and location segregation
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: CCF.Careers@cranswick.co.uk
Closing Date: 2nd June 2023
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward