- Revenue (including the benefit of a 53rd week) up 17.6% at £1,464.5m (2017: £1,245.1m)
- Like-for-like revenue ahead by 12.7%†
- Adjusted Group operating margin of 6.3% (2017: 6.1%)
- Adjusted profit before tax increased 22.4% to £92.4m (2017: £75.5m)
- Adjusted earnings per share on continuing operations 19.9% higher at 145.0p (2017: 120.9p)
- Full year dividend increased by 21.8% to 53.7p (2017: 44.1p)
- Net funds of £20.6m (2017: net debt of £11.0m)
- Return on capital employed‡ increased to 20.3% (2017: 19.0%)
- Statutory profit before tax up 13.5% to £88.0m (2017: £77.5m)
- Statutory earnings per share on continuing operations 11.0% higher at 137.8p (2017: 124.2p)
*Adjusted and like-for-like references throughout this statement refer to non-IFRS measures or Alternative Performance Measures (‘APMs’). Definitions and reconciliations of the APMs to IFRS measures are provided in Note 11 to the annual report and accounts.
† 2018 was a 53 week accounting period. For comparative purposes, like-for-like revenue excludes the 53rd week in the current year as well as the contribution from acquired businesses prior to the anniversary of their acquisition.
‡ Return on capital employed is defined as adjusted operating profit divided by the sum of average opening and closing net assets, net (debt)/funds, pension liabilities and deferred tax