Elsham Linc Ltd are based predominantly in Lincolnshire, breeding and rearing pigs to Red Tractor standards. We are part of industry leading food producer Cranswick plc, a progressive FTSE250 Company.
An opportunity has arisen at our Northmoor Farm site. The modern designed farm is a key unit within our pig breeding operation. We are looking for all round, pig stockperson to cover a range of duties including general stockperson duties, farm labouring. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join our fast paced ever growing business with a bright future.
- Working with a breeding herd of 750-sow indoor unit to ensure health and wellbeing standards are met and exceeded.
- Daily duties include feeding, vaccinating, moving and handling.
- Loading and unloading pigs as required.
- Completing and maintaining pig data and records in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the condition and appearance of the farm to high standards.
- Operating farm machinery/equipment.
You will need:
- Experience with livestock or an agricultural background is desirable.
- A keen interest in the pig industry and animal welfare is advantageous.
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks fully with strong attention to detail is a must.
- You must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to exceed expectations.
- You must be open to flexibility and adaptability.
Due to the rural location your own transport is necessary.
Pay and benefits:
- Full time, 39 hours and overtime, permanent positions available.
- Competitive pay package - dependent on experience.
- Full training offered increasing your knowledge and experience in all areas of pig farming.
- The working pattern is Monday to Friday with alternate weekend working.
- EAP Programme - 24/7 helpline supporting your health and wellbeing.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme.
- Option to join the Cranswick discounted share scheme.
- Access to the Cranswick discounts platform.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying
Closing date: 22/12/2023
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found the closing date may be brought forward.