Greenland Sows near Barton-Upon-Humber
Elsham Linc Ltd are based predominantly in Lincolnshire, breeding and rearing pigs to Red Tractor standards. We are part of industry leading food producer Cranswick plc, a progressive FTSE250 Company.
An opportunity has arisen at our Greenland Sows Farm in Burnham for an experienced dry sow pig stockperson. The farm is a key unit within our pig breeding operation. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join our fast paced ever growing business with a bright future.
- Working on a weekly system with a breeding herd of 1,400-sow (up to 40kg) indoor unit to ensure health and wellbeing standards are met and exceeded.
- Daily duties include feeding, vaccinating, moving and handling.
- Loading and unloading pigs as required.
- Completing and maintaining pig data and records in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the condition and appearance of the farm to high standards.
- Operating farm machinery/equipment. Training will be given with this.
What we require from you:
- Experience as a dry sow pig stockperson with a livestock and an agricultural background is essential.
- A keen interest in the pig industry and animal welfare is advantageous.
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks fully with strong attention to detail is a must.
- You must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to exceed expectations.
Due to the rural location your own transport is necessary.
What you will get from us:
- Full time, 39 hours and overtime, permanent position available.
- Competitive pay package - dependent on experience.
- The working pattern is Monday to Friday with alternate weekend working.
- EAP Programme - 24/7 helpline supporting your health and wellbeing.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme. Enrolment onto our company pension scheme, enhanced contributions available after qualifying period.
- Option to join the Cranswick discounted share scheme.
- Access to the Cranswick discounts platform.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV via email to: email@example.com
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying
Closing date: 20/12/2023
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found the closing date may be brought forward.
All correspondence will be treated in the strictest confidence.