Operations Apprenticeship 2024
Cranswick is a leading UK food producer with a revenue of over £2.3 Billion. We produce and supply premium food to high-profile UK grocery retailers, the food service sector, and other UK and global customers. With 22 well-invested production facilities located around the UK, our values unite and inspire our people to deliver our purpose – to feed the nation with authentically made, sustainably produced food.
Our site Operations teams are seeking highly motivated and passionate individuals to join our team as an Operations Apprentice. This exciting and diverse apprenticeship program is designed to provide hands-on experience and training in various aspects of food manufacturing operations.
Completing this apprenticeship will set you on an exciting path within the UK’s largest manufacturing sector whilst giving you a strong understanding of production, supply chain, and food science all whilst completing a Level 3 Food Technical Operator Qualification with the University of Lincoln.
What you will be doing?
- You will learn the essentials of the Food Production Process, as well as some more complex skills that will allow you to play a part in the production of high-quality products, as well as meeting site sustainability targets
- With the support of your colleagues, you’ll contribute to ensuring that production targets are met to the highest possible standard
- You’ll work under the guidance of the Shift Managers and Line Leaders, to ensure that each product specification is met
- You’ll help maintain a clean and tidy area, ensuring safety and hygiene regulations are been adhered to within the team
· You will assist your team during internal/external audits, ensuring standards are been exceeded across the department
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an adaptable team player who has a passion for working in the Food Industry. Food manufacturing operations is a fast and dynamic environment, therefore strong communication skills and a resilient attitude will be a must-have to succeed in this role. Operations play an essential role in any successful food manufacturing business, therefore this apprenticeship offers excellent development opportunities in the future for anyone looking to kick-start what could be a long and successful career in the UK’s largest manufacturing sector.
We can offer;
- Extremely competitive starting apprenticeship salary
- Comprehensive apprenticeship training plan to support you in completing your L3 Food Technical Operator Qualification with the University of Lincoln
- The Buddy programme ensuring all new apprentices are partnered with members of staff who they can turn to for support
- Enrolment into our company pension scheme with enhanced contribution options
- Access to opt into our company Share Save scheme, with the ability to purchase company shares at a discounted rate
- Discount membership at major high street stores and supermarkets via our company discount portal
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply, please submit a CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: May 1st 2024
Join one of the UK’s most sustainable food businesses