Hygiene team leader (nights)
Here at Gourmet Sausage, we are the UK’s leading producer of gourmet sausages and burgers. We use only the best cuts of British Pork, fresh herbs and spices, supplying major retailers and food service outlets alike. We are currently recruiting a passionate and enthusiastic night shift Hygiene Team Leader to join our aspiring team.
The purpose of the role is to monitor and review the activities within the team, to ensure all sanitisation processes are completed and that the site is maintained to an audit ready standard at all times. You will assist in the supervision of the team and partake in the full cleaning of the site, ensuring the correct use of chemicals and cleaning products.
The main duties of the role include (but not limited to):
- Direct and monitor the teams delivery of the day to day hygiene activities, in line with the master schedule to ensure operational integrity
- Ensure the team have the correct number of resources with the appropriate skills, deploying a recruitment and training plan and adopting appropriate people practices, enabling them to deliver the master cleaning schedule
- Create and present a clear resourcing plan, including people and materials, for cleaning, sanitisation, environment and technical, and adapt this in light of emerging circumstances to minimise food risk
- Review equipment and highlight damages and risks, escalating where required
- Communicate and validate the teams amendments to SOP’s to ensure change is effectively implemented and improvements are made
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- Previous experience in FMCG or similar Hygiene role
- Food Hygiene NVQ Level 2 / certification of sanitisation or equivalent
- Basic Health & Safety NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Chemical Handling (as per local site requirement)
- Allergen awareness
- Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce
A full job description is available on request.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Closing Date: 22nd July 2022
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying.