An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Despatch Operative to join the Preston site.
The purpose of the role is to assist the Despatch Supervisors in ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day operations in order to fulfil business and department targets, while maintaining product safety and quality standards.
Shift pattern: 4 On 4 Off Days/Nights and Monday to Friday
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Loading and unloading of vehicles
- Picking orders on NAV and FOPS for Despatch
- Under the guidance of Supervisors, ensure that each customers specification is followed and any anomalies to this standard are reported immediately
- To ensure that any Despatch requirement set by the Supervisors are met; or if this is not possible, shortfalls in stock are reported to the relevant person in a timely manner
- To maintain a clean and tidy area (work, changing room, canteen etc), meeting both safety and hygiene regulations of the site
- To wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment at all times within the Production and Despatch Area
- Carry out training commensurate with the area including regular refresher/update training as and when required
- To report any equipment defects immediately to the Supervisor
- To maintain high levels of work performance including attendance, timekeeping etc
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the work that is carried out
- Contribute and participate in projects that may be outside your usual remit as requested and agreed by Management / Site Director.
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments to ensure the throughput of all products in a timely and efficient manner
- Contribute to KPIs in quality, health, safety and environment, yields and customer service
- Assume responsibility for the management of activities which ensure food safety, integrity, legality and quality
- Ensure adherence to all standards and processes relating to CCP monitoring, glass, complaints, label verifications and other paperwork in your department
- Understand relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, technical specifications, COSHH regulations and developments in H.A.C.C.P systems relevant to the department
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- All core training and mandatory procedures
- All relevant site/area policies, procedures & processes (including customer specific requirements)
- Minimum level 2 Food Safety
- Experience picking orders, loading and unloading vehicles
- Understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: CCF.Careers@Cranswick.co.uk
Closing Date: 3rd June 2022
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward.