Assistant Farm Manager (Broiler)
We are looking for an Assistant Farm Manager to join our team in Long Stratton/Hempnall Area.
An Assistant Farm Manager is responsible for supporting the Farm Manager with the day to day management of the farm, ensuring that the stock is produced of the highest standard which ensuring you and all on the farm maintain safe working practices. The Assistant Farm Manager is also responsible for site security and biosecurity. You will provide holiday or absence cover for the Farm Manager.
- Manage the farms to ensure that bird welfare is never compromised
- Manage and monitor ventilation, heating, feed, water, litter and lighting within the agreed standards, ensuring the highest quality conditions are provided.
- Communicate with the Farm Manager ensuring that information is provided promptly and accurately.
- Manage and control Visitors/Contractors on site ensuring that work is carried out to required specification and quality and work is carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure all paperwork is accurately recorded
- Cover the alarm as required ensuring it is operational and any faults rectified immediately
- Ensure that Site Security is maintained at all times, and report any issues
- Ensure that Site is maintained in clean, tidy and presentable manner.
- Ensure that the Company Health & Safety Policy is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times.
- Flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work.
- Provide holiday / sickness cover for Line Manager as required.
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
- Ensure compliance with Red Tractor Assurance Scheme
- Ensure site is audit ready at all times.
- Literate / Numerate –documentation recording.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and carry out manual duties
- Effective communication skills
- NVQ Level 3 Agricultural Apprenticeship
Experience in farming and/or poultry
- Team Player
- Willing to work outside in all weather.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Self-driven to achieve results
- Possess own transport