Health and Safety
The following is produced in pursuance of the company’s obligations under, Section 2 (3) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and under Section 4 (3) of the Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978.
Cranswick Country Foods Plc recognises and accepts its responsibilities as an Employer for providing a Safe and Healthy work place and Environment for all its Employees. The company will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that the Health, Safety and Environment considerations affecting the General Public and any other persons who may be affected by its activities, inclusive of Contractors and Sub-contractors at tendering and work planning stages all factors which help to ensure Safe and Healthy working. The company will take all steps within its power, so far, as is reasonably practicable to meet this responsibility, and undertake all Risk Assessments as required under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and Management of Health and Safety (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2002. It will pay particular attention to the provision and maintenance of:
- Equipment, Plant and Systems of Work are Safe.
- Safe arrangements for the use, Handling, Storage and Transport of articles and Substances.
- Safe places of Work and Safe Access and Egress to it.
- Sufficient Information Instruction, Training and Supervision to enable all Employees to avoid Hazards and contribute positively to their own Safety and Health at work and to enable the Safe Performance at work.
- A Healthy working Environment and Adequate Welfare Facilities.
- Competent people will be appointed to assist us in meeting our statutory duties, including where necessary specialists from outside agencies.
- Ensure that work shall be carried out in accordance with current Legislation, papers, reports, approved codes of practice and according to such directives that may be issued by the Health and Safety Commission.
- Provide and maintain adequate and satisfactory PPE and Systems of Work as may be necessary to provide Safe Working Conditions.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Health and Safety Policy Rules and other guidelines, in order that the above criteria are met. Revise the criteria where necessary and bring these revisions to the attention of all Employees.
All Employees must abide by the company’s Policy and the Organisation and Arrangements for implementing the Policy, and must accept and carry out their individual responsibilities to ensure work is carried out in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
All Management and Supervisory staff who authorise work to be carried out must ensure that all Statutory Obligations are adhered to at all times and that all factors with regard to Health Safety and Environment are taken into consideration when formulating their instructions.
The company will ensure that all facilities exist for effective consultation on matters of Health, Safety and Environment between Management and Employees representatives in its efforts to control and reduce accidents and unsafe and unhealthy conditions.
Employees share a responsibility to co-operate with Management, and in accordance with sections 7 and 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and section 8 and 9 of the Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978, wherein they are required:
- To take all reasonable care for their own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by their Acts or Omissions.
- To co-operate with Management to enable them to fulfil any Statutory Requirements.
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided for their Health and Safety.
Cranswick Country Foods Plc recognises that this Safety Policy cannot be successful without the active participation and commitment of all staff and must be observed by all members of staff at all times. Effective communication is essential for the achievement and maintenance of high standards. This Policy is supported by Instructions, Procedures and Organisational Arrangements and is to be applied to all activities carried out by the company.
Cranswick Country Foods Plc is committed to ensuring that all sites will be accredited to OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 by 2020.
The company’s Policy Statement will be reviewed and added to or modified at least annually in respect of new Legislation or business changes.
The Board of Directors will give their full support to all those who endeavor to implement and carry out the Company Policy.