Yard Team Leader
About Cranswick Country Foods:
Cranswick Country Foods in Watton, Norfolk is serious about its quality pork products. Now we’re hungry for talented people to join us. It’s win win; you achieve your potential, we achieve our ambitious growth plans.
Core Hours: Monday – Friday, 6am-3:15pm (Flexibility required with finish time).
Job requirements of Yard Chargehand/Team Leader:
- To supervise the yard operations and day to day activities
- carry out H&S checks on all areas of the yard
- Arrange the collection and disposal of waste packaging
- Removal of dirty trays and dolavs onto the internal vehicle trailer
- Disposal of the drain filter (straw and muck waste)
- Maintain the flow of waste from the factory exit
- Carry out and organise the collection, storage and dispatch of customer bulk orders and communicating with the shunter driver for collections and deliveries of trailers
- Ensure Yard maintenance is up to date, removal of foliage, upkeep of grassed areas and salting of ground during winter months
- Carry out daily environmental checks
- Provide cover for Yard operatives during breaks and holiday
What you will need:
To be motivated and use your own initiative in the day to day running of the yard.
To be prepared to work outside in all weather conditions
- Be flexible with daily working hours with occasional overtime during the week and weekends
- Great communication and people management skills
Pay and benefits:
Salary – £15.45 per hour. Rate inclusive of £1 per hour weekly attendance bonus.
Overtime – time and a third after core contracted hours
Pension – 3% employer contributions/5% employee contributions
Discounted share scheme after 1 years’ service
Discounted local gym membership
Death in service insurance
Enhanced pension contribution scheme
Email a CV and covering letter, including the role you are applying for to email@example.com
Closing Date: 29th February 2024(please note that should we receive significant interest, this closing date may be brought forward )
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.