Warehouse Team Leader
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Team Leader to join the Warehouse team at the Wembley site.
To assist the Warehouse Supervisor in the smooth running of all aspects of daily tasks within the warehouse team and ensure the productivity and efficiency of the team in delivering production and despatch requirements.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Oversee a team of operatives, plan and prioritise workload and ensure effective job rotation during a shift.
- Ensure that all activities comply with product specification by monitoring processes and carrying out basic testing and quality checks. Any issues must be reported to the relevant manager and engineering as required.
- Correctly complete all required paperwork for goods received and despatched to ensure that all stock is accounted for and ensure stock file accuracy through regular perpetual inventory procedures.
- Correctly record and process all deliveries, shipments and returns.
- Order all packaging/consumable materials for the factory/warehouse (department specific)
- Be hands on within the department to assist with loading/unloading vehicles and goods as required.
- Liaise with QA, despatch, maintenance, hygiene and production to maintain high standards and ensure targets are being met.
- Provide training and guidance to operatives and line leaders where required.
- Work closely with other Team Leaders and the Production Supervisor/Warehouse Supervisor to identify skills gaps and provide training where needed.
- Respect and honour the sentiment of the Cranswick ethical policies and codes of conduct, when interacting with your colleagues at all times.
- Work in an Environmental and Energy efficient manner and to respect and honour the sentiment of the Cranswick Environmental and Energy policies and Second Nature principles.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Management team on site to be part of the Culture of the site which drives Food Safety, H&S, Ethical, Environmental and Energy behaviours.
- Motivate the team and encourage team performance through open and effective communication.
- Assist Technical and Development with carrying out factory trials for new product development.
Food Safety and Hygiene:
- Comply with the company food safety and hygiene policies and procedures at ALL times.
- Oversee the correct storage of goods and raw materials within the factory and/or warehouse.
- Work with other team leaders and the management team to meet the daily production plan requirements without compromising on food safety, hygiene, quality and legality.
- Help to maintain a clean and safe working environment by ensuring the teams stations and surrounding areas are clean and tidy at all times.
Requirements, experience and person specification
- Basic Food Hygiene.
- HACCP – in house training
- Level 2 H&S awareness.
- Accident investigation training
- Experience within chilled food production.
- Minimum two years’ experience within the food industry.
- Forklift reach and/or counterbalance licence.
- Good understanding of English, both written and verbal
- Able to communicate effectively with management and colleagues within a multicultural workforce
- Good numerical and organisational skills
- Able to work quickly and methodically and maintain a high level of concentration at all times
- Able to follow instruction and show initiative where needed
- Quick Learner
- Flexible and positive attitude towards work
- Physically fit to carry out duties involving lifting, carrying, twisting, bending, stretching, reaching etc
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Reena Rudki, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: 03/03/2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward.