Unit Manager (Outdoor Pig)
Wayland Farms Ltd are a pig production company who are passionate about breeding and nurturing the best pigs in the country. We form part of the successful Cranswick Plc, one of the largest food producers in Britain.
Job requirements of Unit Manager:
- You will be actively involved with all areas of the pig breeding unit in order to meet the business requirements for the company.
- You will be responsible for managing the staff on the unit and ensuring the condition of the livestock is maintained at a high standard.
- The unit must be kept clean and tidy at all times whilst maintaining the Health, Safety and welfare of yourself and your team.
- You will be responsible for managing the performance of the unit and liaising with managers to report targets and maintain commercial focus while providing direction to the team.
- The day to day duties of this role include, but are not limited to feeding, moving and handling the pigs as well as stock counts and regular communication with the office and senior Managers.
What you will need:
- You must be flexible, lead by example in all that you do and support other colleagues/teams and management.
- You must be reliable and demonstrate good time keeping
- Animal Welfare must be prioritised at all times, ensuring that the company codes of Practice and policies are adhered to.
- Previous practical experience with livestock is required and previous managerial experience is desirable.
Pay and benefits:
- Salary – Starting from £28,000 based on relevant experience
- Pension – 3% employer contributions/5% employee contributions
- The shift pattern is Monday to Friday with alternate weekend work; total of 45 hours per week
- Consistent pay and the above hours mean you get a good work life balance in the farming industry
- Discounted sharescheme
- Death in service insurance
Email a CV and covering letter, including the role you are applying for and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31st October 2020 (please note that should we receive significant interest, this closing date may be brought forward)
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.