Training & Development Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Training & Development Manager at our Valley Park Food Manufacturing site here in Barnsley.
The purpose of the role is to manage the site T&D department to ensure all employees have received relevant training to the highest standard to achieve business success.
Ideally the successful candidate will have worked in a similar role within the FMCG Industry.
Working within the busy HR and T&D function at Cranswick Convenience Foods Valley Park, the T&D Manager will lead the training team to ensure that we provide the highest standard of training interventions on site. This will ensure that we give staff the skills they need to complete their role and progress their career, always remain legally compliant, promote a culture of safety on site, and develop leadership programmes to facilitate talent management to meet our site goals.
Reporting to the HR Manager they will be required to ensure that the T&D department complies with legal and ethical standards and meets the auditable requirements, whilst creating an engaging and empowered atmosphere for their team.
Leading by example the incumbent will be an excellent T&D role model and will support the professional development of their team and lead the succession planning for their team.
- Lead the Training Team to ensure excellent customer service to the site.
- Accountable for the building and delivering of the T&D site plan delivery every year.
- Deliver line manager soft skills training on site – this includes topics such as Conducting an Investigation, Talent Mgt, Absence, etc.
- Provide personal development interventions by providing coaching and 1-1 support for the management teams and specialist roles.
- Build new specialist training as required by site activity.
- Schedule group led training such as FLM, MDP, LDP.
- Ensure that all systems are fully maintained and updated by the team, and that data generated from the department is accurate.
- Lead the internal and external audit requirements for the T&D team (SMETA / BRC etc) to ensure compliance across the business.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks as required for business needs.
Here at Cranswick we can offer a competitive salary, career development & lots of company benefits.
Hours of work will be 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Please note this position is very much site based and due to the nature of our business you will be required to work on site in the S73 area of Barnsley.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity within the FMCG Sector, then please apply now.
The closing date for this position is Friday 15th of July 2022.
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward.