Time and Attendance Administrator
Cranswick Country Foods Preston is both the largest site in the Cranswick group and the largest single pork processing site in the UK serving customers including Sainsburys, Asda, M&S and Lidl along with wholesale and export markets. The site has a turnover in excess of £450m and employs 2,000 people.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Time and Attendance Administrator to join our busy Finance department at our Preston site near Hull (HU12 8TB).
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for ensuring that the Timeware time and attendance system is accurately maintained on a daily basis to enable permanent and agency employees to be paid, for the correct number of hours worked. To also act as primary cover for the reception team.
Shift pattern: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
Main duties include (but not limited to):
Note that the list of duties below is not exhaustive and is intended for guidance only:
- Administering fobs.
- Adding / maintaining / modifying shift patterns in the system to reflect contracted hours.
- Authorising absences via the application of company procedures.
- Establishing reasons for missed or incorrect clocking’s in the system, correcting such instances accordingly and establishing the root cause of the problem with a view of preventing any such recurrence.
- Working closely with the employment agencies used by the business to agree hours worked by agency staff, in line with weekly payroll and reporting deadlines.
- Full administration of DFDS invoices onto tracker, authorisation of invoices to the Purchase Ledger team.
- Holiday / absence cover for other members of the Sales and Purchase Ledger teams.
Various other ad hoc duties when required.
Requirements, experience and person specification
- Previous payroll experience desirable
- Strong Excel ability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
All internal candidates must inform their line manager before applying.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to CCF.Careers@Cranswick.co.uk
Closing Date: 22nd February 2023
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward.