Technology Project Support
Cranswick Plc is currently recruiting for a Technology Project Support to join the Group IT team!
Cranswick is a leading and innovative supplier of premium, fresh and added value food products with revenue approaching £1.7 billion. Our business employs over 12,500 people and operates from sixteen well invested, highly efficient production facilities in the UK. We have an ambitious growth plan with our people at its heart, which has enabled us to create a workplace with excellent opportunities for people to progress and develop their careers. Formed in the early 1970s by farmers in East Yorkshire to produce animal feed, the Company has since evolved into a business which produces a range of high quality, predominantly fresh food, including fresh pork, poultry, convenience and gourmet products.
The key to our success is the quality of our people. Which is why we offer our graduates a structured training and development programme to help launch their careers and become our future managers and leaders. In return we look for commitment, dedication, entrepreneurialism and passion.
You will be allocated a range of compulsory and developmental training to complete as part of the gradate programme, this will increase your skill set in regard to health and safety and food safety, alongside soft skills such as presentations skills, influencing and leadership.
The Technology Project Support will help drive forward the use of technology within the business, you will initially be part of a group team for 12-18 months that delivers various technology-based projects across all sites. This includes technology to minimise the use of paper, automate existing processes, capture data to create insights/trends & system upgrades/implementations. The role will involve working closely with the site operational teams to understand day to day challenges and how these could be overcome using technology. By the end of the initial period, you will have a deep understanding of various systems & will be the key person on site to help move the business forward in partnership with the group team.
After the initial period you will be placed at one of the below sites:
Cranswick Convenience Foods (Milton Keynes)
Katsouris Brothers (Wembley)
Cranswick Convenience Foods (Barnsley)
Cranswick Continental Foods (Manchester)
Main duties include (but not limited to):
• Assist in the implementation and delivery of key technology projects and processes
• Travelling between various sites in the UK on a day-to-day basis (including some overnight accommodation)
• Training end users when implementing projects
• Creating project documentation/training documentation/videos
• Liaise with the businesses to gain information to support project delivery
• Working with the business to further develop their use of technology
• Undertaking project tasks as required
• Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings
• Be responsible for various individual work stream deadlines against an overall project plan to ensure projects tasks are completed as planned
Requirements, experience and person specification
• Driving License & access to car
• A strong can-do attitude is essential
• Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm
this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: 30/06/2022
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward