An opportunity has arisen for a Slicing Technician to work 4 on 4 off within the High Risk Department(s). As a Slicing Technician within the business you will be responsible for ensuring that equipment within the area of responsibility is set up and operating at optimum levels.
Main duties include (but not exhaustive to):
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a record of all machine programmes within the area of responsibility.
- Liaising and supporting the NPD/EPD departments in terms of ensuring costed run rates and yields are achieved on current and new product ranges.
- Assisting NPD in preparing samples.
- Responsible for sharpening and maintaining blade log
- Responsible for ensuring optimum set up of slicing machines specifically slicer blades and shear bars.
- Liaising with the training department in development of in depth training for team leaders and supervisors.
- Highlighting to the engineering department need for maintenance replacement of worn parts.
- Analysing machine downtime and deriving action plan to reduce.
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to departmental performance
Candidate requirements include (but not limited to):
- Practical aptitude
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English qualifications
- High Risk experience
- Good machine knowledge
- Accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Numeracy skills essential
- Proactive, thorough and conscientious approach
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
Please note that internal candidates must make their line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting their application.
To apply, please request and submit a completed application form to:
Emma Peach, HR Assistant (email@example.com)
Closing date: 20th September 2019