Slaughter Hall Operatives
We are recruiting for full-time Slaughter Hall Operatives to join our production team in Ballymena.
Competitive salary and benefits
Responsible for slaughter, dressing and evisceration of pigs in accordance to animal welfare issues, Statutory guidelines and legislation
- Undertake skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled jobs associated with the slaughter, dressing and evisceration of pigs.
- Maintain knowledge of Animal Welfare practices and adherence to these.
- Work to guidelines for hygienic slaughter, dressing and evisceration of animals.
- Maintain proper knowledge and use of slaughter equipment, including knives.
- Assist with loading of lorries ready for despatch.
- Adhere to departmental SOPs.
- Highlight any issues to your Supervisor.
- Ensure you fully understand and comply with company requirements regarding Health and Safety and Hygiene, including PPE.
- Any other duties within the competency of the post holder as directed by management.
Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
- Accuracy / attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Performance driven
- Results and customer oriented
- Understanding of key safety, legality and quality factors involved in the manufacture of pork products and how to apply this information in practice
Apply now by forwarding your CV to the Ballymena HR team at: email@example.com or call us for more information on: (028) 2588 1180
Full Job Description available on request
Closing Date: 30th June 2022 (please note that should we receive significant interest, this closing date may be brought forward)
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.
We are looking for candidates for a variety of roles across the site in Ballymena. We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture is key to creating a unique competitive advantage and to fostering a happy and positive community at Cranswick PLC.