Site Services Labourer
About Cranswick Country Foods:
Cranswick Country Foods in Watton, Norfolk is serious about its quality pork products. Now we’re hungry for talented people to join us. It’s win win; you achieve your potential, we achieve our ambitious growth plans.
Reporting to the site Chief Engineering Manager, you will be supporting the engineering team in maintaining plant and equipment across the site working a 4on, 4off shift pattern from 5am – 5pm.
Main Duties (not an extensive list):
- Maintain plant and equipment to optimum standards safely with minimum downtime
- Liaise with management across all functions relating to engineering activities on the plan or breakdowns
- Ensure that all health and safety and food hygiene procedures are always adhered to
- Any administrative duties as required in the fulfillment of the engineering/services plan
- Satisfactory completion of the engineering/services plan, designated areas, and equipment
- Ensure that the boilers are serviced and running
- Working with ammonia and the ability to reset the system
- Make sure air compressors are serviced, filtered, and cleaned
- Clean pumps and basic pipe welding
- Understand the importance that all statutory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety and integrity and hygiene standards and customer requirements are met and adhered to
What you will need:
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing (advantageous)
- Keen to develop and learn new skills
- Be mechanical and electrical minded
- Understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques(advantageous)
Pay and benefits:
- Salary – £competitive
- Pension – 3% employer contributions/5% employee contributions
- Discounted local gym membership
- Access to our Cranswick hub, with retail discounts and a range of other perks!
- Share of the profits with our discounted share scheme
- Death in service insurance
- Enhanced holiday after 2 and 4 years’ service
Email a CV and covering letter, including the role you are applying for and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30th April 2021 (please note that should we receive significant interest, this closing date may be brought forward )
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.