SHIFT ENGINEERING TEAM LEADER
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Team Leader at Cranswick Gourmet Bacon in Sherburn in Elmet. Working hours are Thursday – Saturday, and alternate Wednesdays, 6.30am-6.30pm
The primary role of the Engineering Team Leader is to supervise the engineering resource on shift, prioritise and assist in the repair of equipment breakdowns as quickly and effectively as possible to limit their effects on the site production targets. Be proactive within their team in the continuous improvement and planned maintenance programs for all site equipment and processes and to be accountable for both the delivery and quality of the teams work.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Hands on management and supervision of the shift based engineering resource; prioritise incoming breakdown work and manage the effective use of the engineering skills within the team.
- Ensure problems or repairs are addressed and dealt with in a timely manner,
- Ensure all maintenance for existing and new equipment is recorded, logged and filed correctly on the CMMS system.
- Assist in the Supervision of Contractors and, whilst generating and managing appropriate permits to work
- Ensure that Company Health and Safety Standards are complied with and safe working practices are always adopted
- Assist in the development and motivation of the engineering shift to enable them to deliver on time, to the required standards.
- Be flexible in your approach and be willing to cover holidays or absence where required.
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- Possess a minimum level 3 qualification in an engineering discipline
- Preferably have worked with Weber slicers and Multivac thermo-formers
- Be able to communicate openly and accurately
- Be computer literate
- Have good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be able to work and deliver under pressure, prioritizing workloads
- Preferably have experience of managing others
- Be keen to undertake management/leadership training
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Thilanga Gammanpila, Senior HR Advisor (Thilanga.Gammanpila@cranswick.co.uk)
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: Tuesday 7th July 2020
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward