Senior Process Technologist
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Process Technologist.
Main responsibilities are-
- ¨ Be an integral part of the development team to ensure successful scale up of new concepts/projects in line with the brief where relevant
- ¨ Works to a critical path and plans workload accordingly
- ¨ Engages with key stakeholders across site and communicates any issues
- ¨ Ensure the stage and gate process is followed and that each stage is completed accurately, documented and communicated to key stakeholders
- ¨ Attend site feasibility meetings and highlight any processes that are concerning, require validation or not possible in addition to considering if the product quality can be maintained through factory processes. Actively contributes
- ¨ Following feasibility meeting, conduct any required factory trials to assess the feasibility prior to presenting concepts to the customer
- ¨ Attend site handover meetings and raise any concerns. Actively contributes
- ¨ Liaise with planning to book in factory trials and communicate with relevant stakeholders
- ¨ Organise all elements of the factory trial including but not exclusive to raw material ordering and sign off, nutritional’s, micro, organoleptic testing, travel tests, relevant QA's generation, trial data capturing, freeze validation etc
- ¨ Responsible for ensuring all necessary photographs have been taken throughout trials to build relevant QAS documents to enable customer sign off of draft version ahead of pre-production
- ¨ Responsible for using correct and to spec new raw materials including meat for all factory trials
- ¨ Issue trial reports, organise and attend trial review meetings. Actively contributes
- ¨ Communicate effectively to ensure factory trials are deemed successful and to engage the customer with product sign off
- ¨ Owns factory related customer sign off meetings (e.g., JS gate 3, Tesco technical handover, M&S finalise seal)
- ¨ Plays an active role in customer visits/meetings, pre-production and product launches and customer face where necessary
- ¨ Organise and conduct trials to assess the removal of cost from products
- ¨ Accurately and in a timely manner, prepare for concept to launch meetings by updating notes with project progress
- ¨ Attend regular concept to launch meetings and discuss projects. Provide updates to all
- ¨ Detailed preparation for PDR, recognises own strengths and weaknesses, owns PDP and ensures delivery against it
- ¨ Understands what a ‘good job’ looks like for internal panel etiquette
- ¨ May support external panels through product preparation and cooking
- ¨ Understands what a ‘good job’ looks like for samples and ensures they are signed off before dispatch
- ¨ Understands pig carcass breakdown and has a basic awareness of different cuts.
- ¨ Prepares for and attends 121 with line manager
- ¨ Can raise purchase orders and receipt them
- ¨ Can use concur to claim expenses
- ¨ Tracks spend accurately and in a timely manner on the team tracker
- ¨ Understands what cost information needs to be recorded and why
- ¨ Ensures that requests are logged to ensure the timely and accurate completion of calibration of factory processes (e.g., cook and chill), shelf life, cooking validations, nutritional, micro, chemical analysis – this may include life extensions such as deep chill and freeze validations
- ¨ Can retrieve data from the relevant systems to create results reports for calibration of factory processes (e.g., cook and chill), shelf life, cooking validations, nutritional, micro, chemical analysis – this may include life extensions such as deep chill and freeze validations
- ¨ Responsible that shelf-life trials for their projects take place, that the correct temperatures and sampling routine is adhered too throughout shelf life. Ensures all relevant records are completed to support this
- As required, supports development manager and development controller with tasks prior to concept handover
Hours of work- Monday- Friday 8am- 5pm (however flexibility around core working hours is essential)
Applicants must have great communication and organisational skills with sound pc skills ( Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Power Bi) with the ability to build positive relationships, promote good morale, work as a team player and have cooperation within the team.
Rates of pay to be discussed at interview stage.
A full Job description is available upon request.
Interested candidates, please apply by emailing your cv to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or sending your cv and cover letter to the HR department, Cranswick Gourmet Bacon, 1 seafox court, Sherburn- In-Elmett, LS25 6PL
Closing date: Friday 29th April 2022
Please be aware that the closing date can be brought forward if a suitable candidate is sourced.