We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to become part of the Planning team.
Reporting to the Planning/Navision Manager, the post holder’s main purpose will be to support the department Manager in co-ordinating, planning and scheduling dry goods, packaging and consumables into production whilst ensuring technical restrictions are adhered to.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent oral/written communication skills; regularly report to Management Team on personnel, training, resource; able to improve efficiencies and work well under pressure. As part of Cranswick, Milton Keynes site you will be expected to work in accordance with company H&S, Food Safety, Environmental and Training standards at all times.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Schedule all deliveries in timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring full availability of stock always
- Ensuring all stock is on-site and available in advance of new launches
- Setting min. and max. stock holding levels for all products and ensuring stock holding is always maintained within these parameters
- Ensuring stock write of is minimized
- Generate delivery schedule ensuring that all the above points are taken in to consideration
- Validate and challenge incoming deliveries in comparison to expectations
- Ensuring all the purchase orders are entered onto the Navision system in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure the awareness of new products, changes to specifications, promotions and de-list with the impact of that on product
- Provide holiday cover as and when required within the planning department
- Implement and further develop systems
- Dry goods stocks on a weekly basis
- Complete other duties as and when required ensuring that the company meets its objectives
- To problem solve any issues on site or with deliveries to plan back into the site
- Build relationships with key suppliers and other departments.
Candidate requirements include (but not limited to):
- Ideally you will have 1-2 years of experience of working in Planning department
- Fresh Food Manufacturing (Meat Processing) experience is desired
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure and confirm you have made your line manager aware before applying.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Joanna Balazy, HR Officer Joanna.Balazy@cranswick.co.uk
Closing date: 24th May 2019