Sales Ledger Controller
About Cranswick Country Foods:
Cranswick Country Foods in Watton, Norfolk is serious about it’s quality pork products. Now we’re hungry for talented people to join us. It’s a win win; you achieve your potential; we achieve our ambitious growth plans.
An exciting opportunity for a Sales Ledger Controller has arisen in the onsite Finance team. This role is responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of the sales ledger function within a fast-paced food manufacturing company.
Job requirements of Sales Ledger Controller:
- Full ownership of the sales ledger (c.150 customers, £300m turnover) working to keep all debts within the agreed terms and developing strong relationships with internal and external parties to resolve customer invoice queries in a timely and effective manner.
- For primary retail customer:
- assess Electronic Proof of Delivery notes for shortages and raise claims for major discrepancies
- monitor, investigate, challenge, and process all debit notes received on a timely basis.
- Prepare weekly credit note packs for approval by Trading Manager and Finance Manager / Financial Controller.
- Prepare weekly/monthly debtors reports for Head Office and Directors
- Raise and issue livestock, proforma and recharge invoices as and when required.
- Maintenance of accounting system – updating prices, setting up new PLUs, adding new customers etc.
- Maintain customer records, carrying out due diligence in line with internal policies.
- Maintain customer credit limits, ensuring that the limit is appropriate and outstanding balances are kept within limits
- Provide holiday cover for the sales ledger assistant and other colleagues as and when required.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to improving systems within the department.
What you will need:
- Required: Strong sales ledger and credit control experience working within a busy finance department
- Preferred: Experience working in FMCG and dealing with retailers
- Ability to work effectively to tight timescales
- Flexible and always willing to do whatever is necessary to get the work done
- Personable, with the ability to work well with different personalities
Pay and benefits:
- Salary – £competitive
- Pension – 3% employer contributions/5% employee contributions
- Discounted share scheme
- Discounted local gym membership
- Death in service insurance
- Enhanced holiday after 2 and 4 years’ service
Closing Date: 20th February 2023. Please note that should we receive significant interest this closing date may be brought forward.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.