Retail QA Operative
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Retail QA Operative to join the Preston site.
Shift pattern: 4 on 4 off, A or B Nights, 18:00pm – 6:00am
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for carrying out all relevant checks, maintaining technical standards, in line with legislation and customer requirements. Ensuring the members of the QA and operations team are also effectively implementing and managing in line with legislative and customer operating standards.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Conducting label / process control audits every 1-2 hours to ensure records are being completed correctly and at the right times as well as raising and issues at the time
- Conducting temperature verification checks (including sterilizers, hand washing stations, product, environmental) at various stages of the process ensuring all results are recorded and any corrective actions are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure the timely collection of chemical, microbiological and organoleptic samples in line with current schedules
- Conducting calibration checks and record the results ensuring any corrective actions are communicated and closed out in a timely manner
- Conducting pre-operational hygiene inspections and report any failings immediately and ensure that corrective actions are completed
- Conducting GMP audits and fabrication to ensure any corrective actions required are communicated and completed in a timely manner
- Auditing all check-sheets on a daily basis
- Conducting CCP verification relevant to the area being worked in and report any Non-Conformances through the proper processes
- Ensure closure of any Non-Conformances raised and proactive prevention of repetition
- Conducting equipment checks to ensure any damaged or missing equipment is reported to the relevant departments
- ‘Walking the factory floor’ to identify any issues ahead of them arising and taking appropriate action. Dealing with issues as and when required
- Managing Corrective actions – making sure corrective actions are completed within appropriate timescales and that the relevant documents have been completed, e.g. hold log, non-conformance log
- Quality attribute assessments on finished product to the defined attributes and a specified frequency
- Completing raw material intake checks to ensure all product adheres to the specification as well as being an approved supplier for meat and Ingredients
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- Minimum level 2 Food Safety
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing (advantageous).
- Understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Awareness of customer standards
- Ability to meet the job requirements.
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: CCF.Careers@Cranswick.co.uk
Closing Date: 16th July 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward