QA - Slaughter
Monday – Friday
Between 6:00am – 5.30pm
Cranswick Country Foods is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Slaughter QA to join the busy Technical team at the Preston site.
The main purpose of the role is to provide support to the QA Supervisor by assisting in the running of the day shift QA team, ensuring that standards are maintained in line with external audit requirements.
The main duties are:
- Conducting temperature verification checks (including sterilizers, hand washing stations, product, environmental) at various stages of the process ensuring all results are recorded and any corrective actions are completed in a timely manner
- Conducting pre-operational hygiene inspections and report any failings immediately and ensure that corrective actions are completed
- Conducting GMP audits and fabrication to ensure any corrective actions required are communicated and completed in a timely manner
- Conducting daily canteen checks and ensure that any non –conformance are communicated and resolved in a timely manner
- Auditing all check-sheets on a daily basis
- Conducting CCP verification relevant to the area being worked in and report any Non-Conformances through the proper processes
- Ensure closure of any Non-Conformances raised and proactive prevention of repetition
- ‘Walking the factory floor’ to identify any issues ahead of them arising and taking appropriate action. Dealing with issues as and when required
- Managing Corrective actions – making sure corrective actions are completed within appropriate timescales and that the relevant documents have been completed, e.g. hold log, non-conformance log
- Checking the drivers to ensure the certificates are valid and most up to date (if applicable to your area)
- Conducting animal welfare checks (if applicable to your area)
- Conducting hauler audits
- Completing trichinella testing as required
- Carrying out ad hoc projects and trial work when requested
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments to ensure the throughput of all products in a timely and efficient manner
- Contribute to KPIs in quality, health, safety and environment, yields and customer service
- Ensure that all statutory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety & customer requirements are met
- Uphold good housekeeping and hygiene practices to ensure product safety, with particular attention to temperature control and general hygiene
In addition, you will undertake any training that the company deems necessary that may assist you to effect the above responsibilities.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Human Resources, Cranswick Country Foods, Staithes Road, Preston, HU12 8TB or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 19th July 2019
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying