QA Retail (Nights)
4 on 4 off - 6:00pm - 6:00am
Cranswick Country Foods is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Retail QA to join the busy Technical team at the Preston site. The main purpose of the role is to carry out checks and ensure that standards are maintained in line with internal and external audit requirements and ensure accuracy of QA paperwork.
The main duties are:
- Complete, accurately and in a timely manner, all types of QA paperwork.
- Conduct Sample Analysis as required. Record all results and any corrective action taken.
- Carry out Metal Detector verification at determined intervals throughout the production shift ensuring the all results are recorded and any corrective actions are carried out and fully documented.
- Carry out the Weight verification checks on finished product. Record all results and any corrective action taken.
- Conduct tare checks throughout the production day ensuring that results are recorded and any corrective actions are carried out in a timely manner.
- Carry out label checks against the price file at various stages of the production process.
- Conduct Temperature checks at various stages of the process ensuring all results are recorded and any corrective actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Carry out cold sampling to ensure the product meets the quality attributes required by the customer in full. Record the results and produce a daily report to distribute to the management team.
- Ensure the timely collection of Chemical and microbiological samples in line with current schedules.
- Conduct Product inspections and compare the product against the customer’s requirements to ensure compliance to the specification. Ensure that any failings are reported and corrective actions are implemented.
- Conduct any calibration checks and record the results ensuring any corrective actions are communicated and completed in a timely manner.
- Inspect blades for damage and record results. Report any failings immediately and ensure that corrective actions are completed.
- Conduct Housekeeping audits daily ensuring any corrective actions required are communicated and completed in a timely manner
- Audit relevant Production, Stores and QA Paperwork on a daily basis. Report any discrepancies immediately and raise a Non Conformance as necessary
- Conduct gas, metal detector, leaker’s verification checks with DO/LL and record results.
- Carry out Label Training and Corrective measures as necessary to the On Line Label Checking Systems/machinery. Report any failings immediately and ensure that corrective actions are completed.
In addition, you will undertake any training that the company deems necessary that may assist you to effectively carry out the above responsibilities.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Human Resources, Cranswick Country Foods, Staithes Road, Preston, HU12 8TB or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 16th November 2018
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying