Cranswick Gourmet Sausage Co. (Lazenby’s) is our fast-paced sausage facility located in Hull. Using only the best cuts of British pork, fresh herbs and spices, Cranswick are the UK’s leading producer of gourmet sausages and burgers, supplying major retailers and foodservice outlets alike.
We are seeking 4 dedicated individuals to join our Technical team as QA Operatives to carry out the day to day duties of the QA function, whilst working in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, food safety legislation and quality standards specified by our customers.
The main duties of the role include:
- To carry out quality inspections on raw materials and finished products throughout the process, ensuring specifications and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Place products that are out of specification on hold until further investigation is carried out
- To inspect all pallets at the end of process to ensure full compliance against product specification. This includes the correct shelf life being applied, correct labelling and correct product coding
- To audit all site personnel for compliance against the site hygiene rules and report any non-conformances to the QA Supervisor
- Obtain product samples from all stages of the process (from meat intake to finished packs) for analysis and review over shelf life in accordance with customer requirements and in line with site procedures
- Maintain the stock onsite and raise any out of date stock issues to the QA Supervisor
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse with a diverse workforce
- Strong attention to detail
- Be organised and efficient
- Be able to work on your own and as part of a team
Whilst we value any experience, we are looking for the right people to help us achieve our goals, so we don’t just look at what you’ve done, but what you are capable of doing and are prepared to train and develop the right candidate.
A full job description is available on request
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Closing Date: 15th February 2019
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying