(Sherburn in Elmet, Leeds)
- To manage and develop the QA Supervisor and QA team.
- To Implement and manage the quality improvement plans for site and ensure that quality objectives are achieved
- To manage quality KPI’s as agreed with the technical manager
- To review and maintain technical procedures to ensure relevance and value.
- To ensure site quality management systems are implemented, reviewed and where possible improved
- Promote Food safety and Quality Culture across site.
- Site lead for Quality projects
- This is a minimum 80% shop floor based role.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager, working alongside factory colleagues and key disciplines i.e., Planning, Production, NPD, Health and Safety, Human Resources, and Hygiene Departments, including the following external relationships- All customers, Suppliers and industry bodies.
You will be expected to demonstrate sound communication and organisational skills to achieve the planned QA levels and training needs within the team
People: Communicate effectively with colleagues, senior management, and key discipline colleagues
Health and Safety: To keep and maintain a safe working environment for yourself and others.
Food Safety: To work within food safety specifications and communicate anomalies
Quality Standards: To define, implement and manage the quality standards as required by the customers to ensure they are achieved
Procedures: Working to strict manufacturing, health and safety and technical procedures to ensure standards and safe working is achieved.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the QA team
- Implementation of QA shift pattern and ensuring that the shifts are always covered.
- Define the structure of the QA team, to best suit the needs of the business.
- Ensure that all recruitment for the QA team is carried out in line with HR rules and procedures.
- Ensure continued training and development of the QA team is carried out.
- Ensure the QA team PDP appraisals are carried out in line with company requirements.
- To support the Technical Manager or Assistant Technical Manager in updates and improvements to the QA process and related procedures
- To develop and implement the quality training matrix for site personnel (ops)
- Support the Technical Manager in design and delivery of paperless QA systems
- Ensure Factory based risk assessments are carried out in line with schedules and any actions required from risk assessments are implemented and communicated to the teams
- Ensure site sampling plans are in line with site-based risk assessment and customer-based sampling plans and kept up to date.
- Define a programme of subject matter experts (SME) for the site and ensure suitable trained personnel are in place.
- Attend Site meetings to represent and highlight the activities of you and the QA team in inter departmental forums.
- To be a member of the HACCP team and instrumental in the application of HACCP principles in the factory floor.
- To be a key member of the food safety and quality culture team and ensure that Food safety and Quality culture is communicated and promoted across the business and key training requirements are identified.
- Working with the Technical Manager to define the sampling plan for the site.
- Working with the Technical Manager to define a complaints reduction plan and lead the meetings to determine the trends and actions to reduce.
- Working to the General Manager and Technical Manager to define a GMP strategy and auditing process for site. Ensure the registers for site are complaint and up to date.
- Working with the compliance officer to ensure the site remains compliant to all required, legal and statutory body, customer requirements.
- To carry out Process control auditing for the site and to engage with the wider team to identify issues found and agree an action plan to address.
- Represent the business in Retailer taste panel or ways of working meetings
- Ensure Customer and retailer COPs are implemented on site and communicated to the wider team.
- Ensure micro sampling plan is carried out and actions required in event of results being out of specification are carried out as requested by Technical Manager or Assistant Technical Manager and be fully conversant with Europortal or similar lab LIMS systems
- Ensure process control validation and verification are completed to scheduled timeframes.
- Management of site non-conformance system to ensure root causes are identified where possible and suitable corrective actions implemented. Trending data to identify areas for improvement with site management team.
- Ensure QA team meetings are in place and any outcomes shared with appropriate staff with a format that gets maximum value from the time
- To be a member of any working party that is generated by the Technical Manager or Assistant Technical Manager to resolve any root causes for trends that have been highlighted through the review of non-conformances, complaints or changes to COP’s.
- To provide a flexible resource to the Technical Manager for any other reasonable duties
- To be involved, when necessary, on carrying out investigations, disciplinaries and RTW’S.
- Support introduction of new equipment to site to include URS, PDI, FAT and commissioning..
- Site lead for all quality projects. Assisting SMT to scope. Overall management of quality within all site projects.
Job Related Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing (preferably food related)
- Proven track record of managing large teams
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Proven track record in cost control, health and safety, management of quality systems and change management programmes
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to interact with high profile customers
- All relevant risk assessments and safe working procedures are reviewed and to current methods.
Rates of pay to be discussed at interview stage.
A full Job description is available upon request.
Interested candidates, please apply by emailing your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or sending your cv and cover letter to the HR department, Cranswick Gourmet Bacon, 1 seafox court, Sherburn- In-Elmett, LS25 6PL
Closing date: Friday 20th May 2022
Please be aware that the closing date can be brought forward if a suitable candidate is sourced.