4on4off Shift A & B Nights (17pm-5am)
(Cranswick Poultry, Hull)
Cranswick Country Foods Poultry is a specialty producer of delicious, cooked poultry ingredients and leading innovators in our industry. We create exciting, original products that meet the needs of today’s busy consumers. Working closely with customers, our bespoke chicken and turkey products offer creative and flavoursome lunchtime solutions, including street food-inspired dishes, superfood salads, hot and cold sandwiches and much more.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for QA to join the busy Technical team at the Poultry site.
The key elements of the role are:
- To promote, monitor and maintain a high standard of hygienic practice and quality, and ensure good manufacturing practice within the factory.
- Monitor finished product against agreed specifications. To take appropriate corrective actions as required and escalate as appropriate.
- Pack verification, sample collection and daily organoleptic testing of finished products.
- Carrying out microbiological swabbing and the collection of microbiological samples to the specific regimes.
- Conducting accompanied hygiene / GMP audits with the departmental hygiene / magament teams where applicable.
- Calibration of factory equipment to the specific regime.
- Titration of factory cleaning chemical strengths to the specific regime.
- Assisting with site fabrication audits and conducting the site glass/brittle materials audits.
- Checking incoming raw materials against agreed purchasing specifications, to take appropriate corrective actions as required and escalate as appropriate.
- Input to constantly develop and improve the factory quality systems.
- To communicate any GMP breaches as appropriate.
- To promote high levels of food hygiene standards across site.
- To assist 3rd Party or Retailer visits and to ensure that the site is prepared for all known visits.
- To drive improvements, by working with all departments, to reduce complaints and other non-conformances.
- Ensure that the QA’s, including the job holder, working in safe manner and cooperating with Companies Health and Safety policies and procedures and employees are operating in line with Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure that the QA’s, including the job holder, work an Ethical manner with everyone that works or visits the site and that people are treated with respect at all times
- Ensure that you only use machinery for which you have received instruction, training and confirmation of competency
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate personal protection equipment
- To maintain a clean, tidy and hygienic working area to meet with the factory hygiene guidelines, practices and protocols
- To ensure personal hygiene is maintained at all times as per personal hygiene policy
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to
CLOSING DATE: 31/05/2021
Internal applicants must make their Line Manager aware before applying