Cranswick Gourmet Sausage Co. (Lazenby’s) is our fast-paced sausage facility located in Hull. Using only the best cuts of British pork, fresh herbs and spices, Cranswick are the UK’s leading producer of gourmet sausages and burgers, supplying major retailers and foodservice outlets alike.
The ideal candidate for a Production Operative would be flexible, enthusiastic and have excellent attention to detail. Main responsibility would be to carry out a variety of tasks to enable the smooth running of the day-to-day production operation and to ensure the safety, quality and legality of the products being produced, maintaining high standard at all times.
Shift: 4on 4off; 12 hrs; B Shift Days
Pay rate: £10.30 per hour
Key Role & Accountabilities:
- Ensure all product specifications and quality standards are being followed
- Champion rules, regulations and good practices with regard to health and safety, food hygiene, quality standards and personal hygiene
- Produce high quality products focusing on increasing yield and reducing wastage in turn driving Second Nature initiatives
- Work as part of a team and help create a positive working environment
- Establish maintain and demonstrate a good working relationship with your colleagues
- Demonstrate flexibility by being able to carry out a wide variety of production tasks and adapting to the changing needs of the company
- Under guidance from Team Leader/Shift Manager achieve set targets; or if this is not possible, report shortfalls to the relevant person in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with key company and customer requirements and assist in audits
- Work in corporation with the wider team to be part of site culture which drives food safety, H&S, ethical, environmental and energy behaviours
Experience / Knowledge:
Prior experience working within the food industry as a Production Operative is required
- Reliable and have a good absence and timekeeping record
- Conscientious, enthusiastic and willingness towards meeting deadlines
- Team player & co-operative
- Good knowledge of basic food hygiene and health & safety principles
- Ability to communicate, understand and follow instructions and have good attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and helpful attitude to completing tasks
What We Offer:
- Training and carer development
- Friendly work environment
- Overtime – time and a half after basic hours
- Pension – 3% employer contributions/5% employee contributions
- Access to our ‘Feed your Wellbeing’ hub, offering a range of retail, restaurant and entertainment discounts and wellbeing support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to purchase extra holiday
- Discounted share scheme
- Discounted local gym membership
- Death in service insurance
- Additional holiday with service
A full job description is available upon request.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: Lazenbys.email@example.com
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your Line Manager aware before applying.
Closing date: 10th January 2023
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward.