Production Manager PM Shift (14:30 – 23:15)
The Production Manager role is pivotal to the efficient operation of the Cranswick Continental factory in Bury, you will report directly in to the Operations Controller and form part of the senior management team. This role will drive the operational performance of the production areas at this site. The position is predominantly factory based which will enable you to support the development of the leadership team within your department.
Main duties include:
- Develop shift capabilities and improve shift performance
- Take full accountability for factory performance in terms of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Motivation and Environment
- Embed an ethos of Continuous Improvement using standardised business tools and techniques to achieve results.
- Drive and plan the implementation of profit plans.
- Review and analyse performance data to inform and create future improvement plans.
- Proactively investigate new and innovative ways of working to deliver improvement in performance.
- Lead the shift management team including recruitment, training and development, performance reviews and oversee the factory absence, discipline and grievance processes.
- Working through continuous improvement maximise the benefit of the resources available i.e. people, plant and process.
- Ensuring effective communication channels are adopted and adhered to throughout the Shift structure.
- Co-ordinate and ensure training and development of the team is carried out in accordance within individual / operational requirements.
- Establish and maintain robust factory colleague engagement processes
A full job description is available upon request