Cranswick Gourmet Kitchen is our NEW state of the art production facility in Hull – Producing and cooking delicious ready to eat products for McDonalds, M&S, Costa and many more.
The business is celebrating its 1st anniversary and is enjoying high growth. We have a food safety and quality culture and are now looking for an outstanding Production Manager to join in the success.
With a good working knowledge of manufacturing processes; Sound knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Safety Legislation and a strong personality, you will have the ability to lead, inspire and develop a team.
Reporting to the Factory Manager, you will be fully responsible for managing, leading, mentoring and motivating Shift Managers and production staff across day and evening shifts, to execute the production plan, ensuring quality and productivity is maximised.
The main duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Directly motivate and support the production team
- Responsible for production, quality, cost, delivery, technical compliance, H&S, and HR
- Collaborative working with other department leaders to deliver and exceed the key performance indicators
- Identify improvements in operations to work as effectively as possible
- Attend daily production meetings and weekly business meetings as required
- Ensure Company, Statutory and Health & Safety regulations and hygiene requirements are met all times
- Ensure that waste and recycling process is carried out in accordance with quality and hygiene standards
- Performance management responsibility for team members
- Future development of the factory in partnership with the Factory Manager
- Ability to lead production and ensure delegated Managers are able to lead also
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ production management experience within a Food or FMCG background
- Must be deadline driven and have a history of achieving results, and be able to work to KPIs
- Evident confidence in presentation, communication and negotiating with professional peer groups
- Level 4 or advanced qualification in Food Safety
- Knowledge of HACCP and its application in chilled food manufacturing
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement within manufacturing
- Experience of managing Health and Safety
- Experience of delivering results against operational, service, quality, safety and cost targets
Salary to be discussed at interview
A full job description is available upon request.
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying
If you have the skills required then we would love to hear from you, so please apply today!
Email your cv and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22nd May 2022
Please note, if a suitable applicant is found the closing date may be bought forward.