Cranswick Gourmet Sausage Co. (Lazenby’s) is our state-of-the-art facility located in Hull. Using only the best cuts of British pork, fresh herbs and spices, Cranswick are the UK’s leading producer of gourmet sausages and burgers, supplying major retailers and foodservice outlets alike.
We believe that inventive flavours come from passion and imagination. Our people are at the heart of the business and we are now looking for a Process Technologist to join our team of hard-working and dedicated individuals who share our passion for food.
We are looking for an individual to be an integral part of the Process team to ensure the successful scale up of new concepts / projects. Communication is essential in this role, in order to liaise with different departments, organising factory trials and providing updates to stakeholders along the way.
The main duties of the role include (but not limited to):
- Ensuring the Development process is followed and that each stage is completed accurately, documented and communicated through to key stakeholders
- Organise all elements of the factory trial including raw material ordering and sign off, nutritionals, micro testing, organoleptic testing, travel test, QAS generation, trial data capturing, freezing validation etc.
- Issue trial reports and attend trial review meetings
- Work to a critical path and plan workload accordingly
- Engage with key stakeholders across the site and communicate any issues
- Conduct trials to assess the removal of cost from products
- Be on site to support with product launches and customer face where necessary
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a genuine passion and understanding of food and respect for quality with a factory minded approach
- Be able to work both as an individual and as a team player
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have experience of chilled food FMCG and own label manufacturing
- Understand critical paths, NPD processes and factory operations
A full job description is available upon request.
Salary to be discussed at interview.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Closing Date: 18th May 2021
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying
Please note, if a suitable applicant is found the closing date may be bought forward