Monday - Friday
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager this role is to provide a site based resource to lead the development of production processes and be the bridge between the NPD, Technical and Operations functions at the Lazenby’s, Hull site. Following the approval of NPD Concepts from the customer the role will be responsible for the successful scale up of new lines into the factory considering Technical, Operational, Commercial and Customer requirements. To work with passion and pride at all times demonstrating this thorough results and in-depth knowledge of food and processes. Whilst responsibilities are site based there may be occasional requirement for travel between sites and to customer.
- Be an integral part of the operations team to launch new concepts / projects in line with the brief.
- Manage the critical path once products are handed over from NPD to process at Gate 2.
- To ensure the Development process is followed and that each stage is completed accurately, documented and communicated through to key stake holders.
- Attend site feasibility meetings and highlight any processes that are concerning, require validating or not possible.
- Following the feasibility meeting, complete any trials to assess the feasibility prior to presenting concepts to the customer.
- Organise all elements of the factory trial including ordering materials and liaising with the relevant functions.
- To capture all relevant trial data and complete all trial paperwork.
- Organise product panels following trials with the relevant functions to assess the product quality following scale up.
A full job description is available on request
The successful candidate must:
- Be able to drive to visit other Cranswick sites, customers and suppliers
- Possess good communication skills with excellent levels of written and spoken English
- Be flexible, organized, efficient and possess excellent computer skills
- Have at least 12 months experience in a similar role including managing people on a line
- Have Food Safety Level 3 or above
- Have a good understanding of product launch processes and expert knowledge of factory based machinery
- Be able to make quick decisions and manage critical path
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Human Resources, Cranswick Gourmet Sausage (Lazenby’s), Helsinki Road, Sutton Fields Industrial Estate, Hull, HU7 0YW or Email: Lazenbys.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 29th September 2017
If you are an internal applicant please inform your manager before applying