Process Development Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to become part of the Technical team in collaboration with the NPD department. Working hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (flexibility when required).
Reporting to the Assistant Technical Manager, the post holder’s purpose will be to provide a site-based resource to manage and deliver all NPD projects for the Milton Keynes site from the stage of customer approval to factory implementation and post launch review; to work with passion and pride at all times demonstrating this through results and in-depth knowledge of food and site processes.
An interest in food, commercial acumen, relationship building and a good understanding of both our business and customer requirements is key. This role will have one direct report.
As part of Cranswick, Milton Keynes site you will be expected to work in accordance with company H&S, Food Safety, Environmental and Training standards at all times.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- To manage the factory, scale up stage of new developments in line with site procedures and legal requirements.
- Communicate effectively to ensure the factory trials are deemed successful and to engage the customer with product sign off.
- Understand, adhere to and challenge the critical path of all NPD Projects to ensure an on-time launch.
- To ensure the Product Development process is followed and that each stage is completed accurately, documented and communicated through to key stake holders.
- Manage the information required for artwork generation and due diligence in line with legal practices such as nutritionals, shelf life, organoleptic testing, travel test, artwork sign off, and factory paperwork.
- Work closely with the concept NPD, technical, operations, finance, planning and purchasing teams.
- Product Launches, e.g.: assisting with QAS generation; ensure required photo standards are provided; chasing up report completion in advance of deadlines to ensure Tesco information is sent through in a timely manner
- If required – organize samples, set up the panel; review and reporting, Spech Check Market Reviews/Quality Basket (SCRM/QB)
Candidate requirements include (but not limited to):
- Food Hygiene Level 3 or above required or be prepared to gain this qualification
- IOSH working safely
- Ideally educated to degree or HND level in food related discipline e.g. Food science, technology, catering and Home Economics
- HACCP Level 2, desirably Level 3
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure and confirm you have made your line manager aware before applying. To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Joanna Balazy, HR Officer Joanna.Balazy@cranswick.co.uk
Closing date: 24th May 2019