Primal QA Supervisor
Cranswick Country Foods in Watton, Norfolk is serious about its quality pork products. Now we’re hungry for talented people to join us. It’s win win; you achieve your potential, we achieve our ambitious growth plans.
We are looking for a QA Supervisor to work in our primal department, day shift, working Monday to Friday. Reporting to the QA Manager you will be responsible for a team of QAs in the department. Ensuring product is produced to high quality standards and within safety and legality requirements.
Job requirements of QA Supervisor:
- Working to BRC standards and major retailer requirements
- Troubleshooting – ‘Walking the factory floor’ to identify any issues ahead of them arising and taking appropriate action. Dealing with issues as and when required.
- Managing Corrective actions – making sure corrective actions are completed within appropriate timescales and that the relevant documents have been completed, e.g. hold log, non-conformance log. Reporting any complex issues to QA Manager.
- Ad hoc projects and duties alongside the QA Manager and site management team as appropriate
- Ensure that production are operating within high quality, safety and legality standards
- Conduct GMP Audits and communicating non-conformances appropriately
- Conduct documented checks that a % of the production run is within product specification
The ideal candidates will:
- Have previous QA experience
- Have the ability to motivate a team
- Be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- Have experience of working within a fast paced food manufacturing environment
- Have a good level of both written and verbal English
- Ideally have Level 2 Food Hygiene/Safety certification
Pay and benefits:
- Salary: Competitive
- The shift pattern is Monday to Friday
- Pension – 2% employer contributions/3% employee contributions
- Discounted sharescheme after 1 year’s service at December
- Death in service insurance
Interested? Email/post a CV and covering letter, including the role you are applying for and your salary expectations to Kelly.Walker@Cranswick.co.uk/HR, Cranswick Country Foods Plc. Brandon Road, Watton, Norfolk, IP25 6LW
Closing Date: 31st December 2018 (please note that should we receive significant interest, this closing date may be brought forward)
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.