Operative Vacancies (All Areas)
Cranswick is one of the largest food producers in Britain. Authenticity, craftsmanship and great taste, delivered through the highest possible ethical, sustainability and welfare standards are the values at the core of our innovative business. These values are delivered by our most important asset – our team of experts working strategically throughout the business. By joining the Cranswick team you will become a part of a progressive business which is dedicated to developing and nurturing your talent through tailored learning and development opportunities. For a business with no limits, where your career and personal development opportunities have no boundaries, dream big and apply today.
Opportunities have arisen across all areas production for Operatives to work as part of the production team responsible for the production of pre-packed sliced and bulk cooked meats ensuring compliance with key company and customer requirements including TFMS, BRC, QAS. Adhering to procedures, rules and processes set out by production management and other key functions. To work in a safe and time effective manner in accordance with health and safety standards and ensuring food safety, hygiene and quality standards are achieved.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Handling and processing raw/cooked meat.
- Timely completion of departmental ad hoc duties required to meet the specification of internal and external auditors.
- Adhere to all rules, processes and procedures in relation to the work process and conduct as set out by the departments and other key disciplines such as Production Management, Health and Safety, Human Resources Technical and Hygiene.
- Maximum potential achievement of the daily production plan
- Provide and ensure a safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
- Wear the correct personal protective clothing appropriate to each specific production area and appropriate to the task in hand.
- Report all accidents, breakages, spillages or damage to machinery, equipment or fabric to your Supervisor or Manager.
- Complete all relevant paperwork as instructed accurately and within time specifications
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- Previous experience working within a food manufacturing role preferred but not essential.
- Reliability and good timekeeping
- General awareness of basic food hygiene / health and safety principles.
- Conscientious and positive attitude
- Ability to communicate, understand and follow instructions.
- Basic numeracy & literacy ability (assessed via in-house testing)
All operative roles are interchangeable, successful candidates will be employed on a standard operative contract and the company reserves the right to locate individuals as needed, aligned to business needs.
A full job description is available upon request.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your application form or CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward