NPD Process Manager
We believe that inventive flavours come from passion and imagination. Here at Cranswick Gourmet Sausage, we are recruiting a Process Manager who takes pride in all that they do and can assist with the successful launch of new product developments on site.
We are the UK’s leading producer of gourmet sausages and burgers. We use only the best cuts of British pork, fresh herbs and spices, supplying major retailers and food service outlets alike.
The purpose of the role is to provide a multi site based resource, managing the process team within the NPD department, to lead the process development function and be the bridge between departments. To succeed in this position, we are looking for an individual that can demonstrate their drive and passion through results and in-depth knowledge of food and processes.
The main duties of the role include (but not limited to):
- Managing the critical path from NPD to process at Gate 2 and oversee through to launch
- To be an integral part of the team to launch new concepts and projects in line with the brief
- Organise all elements of the factory trial, including ordering materials
- To capture all relevant trial data and complete all trial paperwork.
- Organise product panels following trials with the relevant functions to assess the product quality following scale up.
- Organise and send products off for nutritional and microbiological testing.
- Co-ordinate all elements of the PPR including internal preparation, paperwork and customer facing.
- Attend site feasibility meetings and highlight any processes that are concerning, require validating or not possible in addition to considering if the product quality can be maintained through scale up.
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Process Development or a similar role in a chilled manufacturing industry
- Degree or equivalent in Food Technology or similar
- Level 3 Food safety
- Experience of managing people and processes
- Be an excellent communicator
- Demonstrates a genuine passion and understanding of food and respect for quality with a factory minded approach
A full job description is available upon request.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Closing Date: 18th May 2021
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying
Please note, if a suitable applicant is found the closing date may be bought forward.