Cranswick is a leading UK food producer with revenue approaching £1.9 Billion. We produce and supply premium food to high profile UK grocery retailers, the food service sector and other UK and global customers.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a New Product Development Chef to join the team at our Preston site near Hull (HU12 8TB). The successful candidate will become an integral part of our forward-thinking NPD team, providing a customer facing resource within the department to help innovate and develop new and exciting products.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all products meet both the customer and Cranswick expectations, whilst satisfying all relevant technical and operational criteria, in line with critical timings leading to a timely and successful launch, supported by the relevant site functions.
Shift pattern: Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 17:30
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Support to develop innovative, new and existing products in line with site capabilities and strategies;
- Work with relevant business and external functions to proactively scope development opportunities to provide innovation and be part of presenting concepts to the customer to inspire NPD Briefs
- Play an integral part in Innovation Sessions and Food Safari’s
- Work with the site development teams to deliver new concepts / projects in line with the NPD brief
- Work with external ingredient and packaging suppliers and be responsible for the briefing and sampling stage whilst building relationships
- Sample preparation for both internal and external presentations
- Assist with cooking for internal and external presentations and present all products with accuracy, finesse and professionalism
- Build and maintain a relationship with customer personnel giving a consistent approach and point of contact for pork categories
- Work within tight time scales as set by the critical path ensuring that products are delivered to the correct specification satisfying customer and business, commercial, nutritional and process development requirements
- Following the NPD Process and be diligent at all times
- Work as an integral member of the NPD team networking with other internal departments, suppliers and the customer as required
- Play a major role in testing the feasibility of products with the cross functional site teams
- Play a major role in handing over products to site Process Technologist.
- Be well informed of food trends
Requirements, experience and person specification
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with customers (Essential)
- Passionate about food (Essential)
- Strong commitment to learning new skills (Essential)
- Previous experience in a Chef or Development role (Essential)
- Understanding of the NPD process (Desirable)
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: CCF.Careers@Cranswick.co.uk
Closing Date: 10/04/2023
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward