Night Hygiene Operative
Cranswick Country Foods, Hull (Preston)
The purpose of the role is to provide a hygiene resource to the factory so that acceptable conditions of cleanliness, hygiene and housekeeping are maintained.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
• Carry out general and specific hygiene duties in accordance with the frequency and according to the methods laid down in the factory hygiene schedule and instruction cards.
• Achieve the targets and maintain the level of hygiene specified by the Departmental Supervisor and Manager.
• Ensure that all open product is removed from the immediate area or covered prior to the use of cleaning chemicals.
• Maintain all health, safety and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that the individual only carries out the chemical usage for which they have been trained.
• Ensure that after cleaning, departments are left in a clean, tidy, clear and hygienic condition in preparation for production in any given area.
Report all accidents, breakages, allergen spillage or machinery damage to the Supervisor or Manager.
• Maintain the health, safety and welfare of himself and other employees, ensuring all COSHH regulations governing handling, storage and labeling of chemicals are adhered to.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required and requested and understand that these duties may be in another department.
• Conduct yourself in a responsible and courteous manner at all times.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding the work that is carried out.
• Liaise with colleagues in other departments to ensure the throughput of all products in a timely and efficient manner
• Contribute to KPIs in quality, health, safety and environment, yields and customer service
• Ensure adherence to all standards and processes relating to CCP monitoring, glass, complaints, label verifications and other paperwork in your department
Requirements, experience and person specification
• Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing (advantageous)
• Understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques
• Awareness of customer standards
• Ability to meet job requirements
Working hours are 18:00 - 6:00, 4 on 4 off
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: CCF.Careers@Cranswick.co.uk
Closing Date: 27th April 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward