National Account Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a National Account Manager to provide the effective, profitable and progressive commercial management for a key retail account within the Fresh primal and added value meat business. Day to day responsibility for the profitable growth of the Sainsbury’s account as well as the development of new business for this account within Cranswick Country Foods.
This will involve working closely with all departments especially NPD and Marketing, whilst engaging multi-site teams.
Main duties include (but not exhaustive to):
- To provide day to day management of the retail account business, and maximise profitable sales growth in the categories of responsibility; sausage, bacon & gammon.
- Monitor and update the costings on an ongoing basis and identify opportunities for increased profit.
- Deliver initiatives in line with key customer and Cranswick business strategy pillars through the teams
- Drive the promotional plan for increased sales
- Understand & interpret site financials versus budget and scrutinize P&L
- Ensure forecast / demand planners are adequately maintained
- Manage and administer open book costing model for respective areas
Candidate requirements include:
- Chilled and retail experience required
- Good understanding of the sales, marketing and NPD process
- Strong communication, interaction & negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Proactive and flexible in working approach
- PC literate in office suite
- Good presentation skills
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Elaine Moon, Group HR Advisor (Elaine.Moon@cranswick.co.uk)
Closing date: 25th January 2019