Low Risk Area Leader
Cranswick is one of the largest food producers in Britain. Authenticity, craftsmanship and great taste, delivered through the highest possible ethical, sustainability and welfare standards are the values at the core of our innovative business. These values are delivered by our most important asset – our team of experts working strategically throughout the business. By joining the Cranswick team you will become a part of a progressive business which is dedicated to developing and nurturing your talent through tailored learning and development opportunities. For a business with no limits, where your career and personal development opportunities have no boundaries, dream big and apply today.
An opportunity has arisen for an Area Leader to join the Low Risk team. Duties will include full accountability for all line and area operations as directed by your manager; budgeted staffing levels, compliance, plan attainment, GMP, product quality and yield control. Also working to demonstrate sustained improvement through a process of leading, coaching and developing your teams.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- To be accountable for your Team Leaders delivering production targets as prescribed through the Plan / Manager, and to support and drive the effective management and motivation of your Line Leaders and their teams
- Daily throughput targets
- Daily yield targets
- To ensure all materials are collected/delivered to your line in good time in order to minimize downtime
- Accurately report on KPIs as directed by your Shift Manager/Dept Manager
- Confidence to support customer audits and queries as required
- Willingness to be involved with strategic events and promotional activities as required
- Confidence in delivering results and data to senior management and visitors as required
- Ensure you have an understanding and knowledge of process and equipment in order to ensure full effectiveness is being driven by your team
- Ensure Non conformances and Incidents and reported, reviewed and acted upon
- Coach, Lead and Develop your team to drive improvements against all targets.
- Any other activities or duties requested by your line manager that are aligned with this level of position
Requirements, experience and person specification (bullet points)
- Strong organisational skills
- Previous experience of running a production line and related equipment desirable
- Reporting skills, ability to communicate effectively in a Team setting
- Ability to give positive and constructive feedback to promote Team Development
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your application form to:
Vikki Daniel, HR Generalist (Vikki.email@example.com)
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Please note that if a suitable candidate is found, this closing date may be brought forward