Learning & Development Manager
We are looking to recruit a brand-new position as Learning & Development Manager to join our growing HR Team at our Barnsley site. Reporting to the HR Manager, the L&D Manager will manage the site L&D to ensure all employees have received relevant training to the highest standard to achieve business success, ensuring that we provide ‘gold standard’ training interventions, giving staff the skills they need to complete their role and progress their career, whilst remaining legally compliant and promoting a culture of safety on site, this position will also develop leadership programmes to facilitate excellent talent management to meet our site strategic goals.
Main duties include;
· Lead the L&D Team to ensure excellent customer service to the site.
· Accountable for the building and delivering of the L&D site plan delivery every year.
· Line management of the Training team.
· Lead the talent management process and outputs on site.
· The L&D Manager will Deliver line manager soft skills training on site – this includes topics such as Conducting an Investigation, Talent Mgt, Absence, etc.
· Provide personal development interventions by providing coaching and 1-1 support for senior team members and specialist roles.
· Part of Cranswick Core steering group, the L&D Manager will influence the evolution of the Cranswick Core system across the business.
· Build new specialist training as required by site activity.
· Carry out training needs analysis to identify learning & Development priorities and deliver creative and effective in-house learning to increase skills knowledge and performance.
· Schedule group led training such as FLM, MDP, LDP.
· Ensure that all systems are fully maintained and updated by the team, and that data generated from the department is accurate.
· Lead the internal and external audit requirements for the L&D team .
What we need from you
· Experience of working in a L&D role, preferably within a chilled FMCG sector.
· Experience of leading a team.
· Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods,
· IT literate, able to work confidently with Microsoft Office (e-mail, Word, Excel, etc) and a familiarity with e-learning platforms, practices and Learning Management systems
· A collaborative approach with Heads of Department, providing advice and guidance to managers about learning and development interventions.
· Experience of conducting training needs analysis and successful delivery of subsequent training plan.
· Good knowledge of L&D frameworks and industry trends.
· Able to work to deadlines within a fast-paced environment and with a varied workload.
· Ideally CIPD qualified – level 5 or above.
A full job description is available upon request.
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are interested in this position, please apply now.