An opportunity has arisen for a Label Controller to join the B Team. The Label Controller manages label stocks on a daily basis and during promotions to enable production run without interruption. The successful candidate will have strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise. Adopting a ‘right first time’ approach, they will have excellent communication skills and be able to work laterally across the High Risk department to ensure the accurate issuing of labels at all times.
Main duties include (but not exhaustive to):
- Issue labels to Team Leaders in a time efficient manner so to not inhibit the running of production lines
- Whilst issuing labels to line management or during intake of labels, ensure the relevant paperwork is signed.
- Adopt a ‘right first time’ approach to ensure labels are correct in relation to the product / line and are checked against specifications to prevent distribution to customers of wrongly labelled product.
- Liaise with Dry Goods and planning to ensure adequate label stock levels are maintained to facilitate the smooth running of production lines.
- Liaise with NPD and Planning during product launches and product updates to ensure the correct labels are in use.
- Keep the label room and stocks organised, to allow the easy retrieval of labels and to prevent health and safety risks.
- Completing and recording machine safety checks, comparing standards against safety checklists issued by the line manager.
Candidate requirements include (but not limited to):
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to liaise with senior management.
- Strong organisational skills
- Initiative and good problem solving skills
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
Please note that internal candidates must make their line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting their application.
To apply, please request and submit a completed Application form to:
Emma Peach, HR Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date: 23rd August 2019