An opportunity has arisen to join the Yorkshire Baker team as an Intake Technologist. This role is responsible for checking and monitoring the quality and integrity of all raw material arriving on site.
Inspecting all raw materials against agreed specifications ensuring raw materials released to production are fit for purpose.
Establishing strong relationships with suppliers is key in this role, in order to feedback relevant information, enhance the strategic purchasing policy and drive Continuous Improvement in the quality of raw material delivered to site.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
(Please note that this list is not exhaustive)
- Build a good working knowledge of raw materials coming to site, their expected & agreed standard, and relevant products they are used for in production.
- Quickly establish a working relationship with Group Technical Services (GTS), the Foods Connected platform and its primary function as a tool to manage quality of raw materials.
- Raise non-conformances to suppliers quickly with relevant information of issues & implications to the business. Communicate back to Procurement & Technical.
- Build a good working relationship with Area Leaders in Butchery, Pastry & Preparation. Communicate closely - find out reoccurring issues & use relevant information on yields to update risk assessment of suppliers.
- Drive Continuous Improvement (CI) for raw materials by feeding back clear information to suppliers. Update Procurement with all issues.
- Ensure stock rotation of raw materials is always carried out and alert Area Managers where raw materials are out of code, or coming close to end of usable life
- Ensure the GMP standard and housekeeping of your area are always maintained to ‘always visit ready’ standard.
- Challenge current processes and practices, with a view to CI - motivated to embrace new methods, processes, and systems
- Ensure that all statutory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety and integrity, and customer requirements are met
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, technical specifications.
- To respect and honour the sentiment of the Cranswick Ethical Policies and Codes of Conduct when interacting with colleagues
- Knowledge of food quality standards
- A willingness to learn the supply chains involved in bringing raw materials to CGP
- Excellent organisational & interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise, manage deadlines and make decisions
- Good problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy
A full job description is available upon request. Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
Please note that internal candidates must make their line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting their application.
To apply, please submitt your covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 22nd October 2021