Want a rewarding career in food manufacturing?
We are looking for a driven, ambitious individual, to join our new team at ‘The Gourmet Kitchen’.
The main purpose of the role is to provide support to the Technical Manager in the set up and delivery of the Hygiene team and Hygiene functions across site. Supervise the day to day running of the appointed Hygiene team in a high risk facility, ensuring the site is maintained to a ‘fit-for-purpose’ and audit ready standard at all times, in line with internal and external Customer and Audit requirements and to be accountable for both the delivery and quality of the teams’ work.
- Working with the Technical Manager to create, implement and monitor hygiene schedules and cleaning instruction procedures, including deep cleaning and periodic duties
- Conduct regular audits of cleaning schedules and hygiene standards to ensure standards of acceptability as prescribed by Customer COP’s and audit accreditations, and that microbiological trend analysis are continuously met, challenged and improved upon where necessary or possible.
- To be responsible for the stock & order control of chemical and consumables (Hygiene Dept only) whilst working within pre-agreed budgetary limits
- Ensure that all Hygiene staff have been given the appropriate level of training necessary to carry out their work within legislative and Health and Safety guidelines and are provided with the appropriate training in cleaning techniques and the use and handling of chemicals
- Review and update the training requirements of the department in line with current legislation and changing departmental operations
- Assist the Technical Manager with the site preparation for customer or third-party hygiene audits to include provision of departmental schedules, cleaning and staff training records
- Oversee and manage the allocation of annual leave and the general management of absenteeism in order to maintain a constant quality of service whilst avoiding spikes in operational cost
- To support in the development and help with continuous improvements to the Hygiene department
- Complete the projects set by the Technical Manager in a timely manner
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in FMCG or similar environment, ideally within a high-risk environment
- Supervisory experience within a similar role
- Food safety level 3 or more.
- IOSHH/COSHH Training
- HACCP level 3 (preferable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and a resilient personality
- Ability to implement and drive KPI’s
A full job description is available on request.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Closing Date: Friday 25th September 2020
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying